2.18.2008

This is hitting me somewhere deep in my chest...



21 years ago, today, my mom was anticipating her first child. She had worried that she wouldn't be able to have children because of complications in her teens, but there she was, little 5 foot 4 inch momma. I can imagine my dad just as excited as anyone could be and my mom trying to get him to chill out. She went into labor the next morning, but she figured it would be a while until she was ready to go to the hospital, so she went to class (she and my dad were both in medical school at the time) and was taking notes when she saw my dad bouncing around, waving his arms like a crazy person outside the window. He had gone to class but he couldn't sit there any longer. He wanted to get to the hospital.

21 years ago I was born. Not out of some kind of accident or mishap. Not for nothing. I was created in my mothers womb by the God of all creation for a purpose. I think that's pretty exciting. My parents had 3 other kids after me.

I got all there attention for 4 years, but then came Mary Elizabeth.

She is beautiful. Sometimes I just can't believe that I was blessed with such a lovely little sister.

Two years after Mary came Timothy Daniel.


Timmy is strong and loving. When I tell him about rough things I'm going through he always listens and hugs me, no matter how many of his friends are around. If I need a hug, he could care less what any of them think... :)

And lastly, 3 years later, there was Emily...



Emily is crazy... but she has one of the most giving and loving hearts of anyone I know.

I love my family more than I can say. I'm not gonna lie... we fight... but we love with just as much strength.

21 years... crazy...

4 comments:

Brian said...

happy birthday my friend. i hope all goes well and you live another 21 great years.

Unknown said...

that's great. I hope you have just an amazing day.

it's awesome to see how much family matters to you

s f king said...

that comment was supposed to be from this account not the "s" account...

and now i'm littering on your comment page...i bet you got excited when you saw there were three comments though, huh!

Danielle said...

happy birthday darling!