2.20.2008

This is all His...


Brown Feather Sparrow
Puppet Player

Hard words can not break
Can not be
Can not shatter
I am wise enough to discern
I’ve lost my sight, still I see
Throw myself unto my knees
I will fall, Oh God be here

Hard words be my lamp
Be my light
Be my prophet
Be God’s precious teaching to me

In spite of tears floating free
In spite of screaming fear in me
I will fall
You better be right

Thin air, there is no life
(what you say is what I breathe)
Father, father do you hear me?
Am I still your daughter?

What you say is what I breathe
I can’t praise your name here

Still I recognize my shepherd’s voice
Peace is in his footsteps
I cry
Still my son is in your hands
You must give away now
I cry

The Lord took hold of my heart today in a way I have not felt... maybe ever. Every part of me... every ounce of love I have... is His to give and take as He may please.

A girl on our campus lost her brother recently. My heart and mind cannot grasp the depth of sorrow she must be experiencing in the most basic parts of her being. Parts of her soul that she didn't even know were there are aching. There is probably anger and doubt, relentless nausea and headaches, sorrow... deep deep sorrow... does things to your body, soul, spirit, will, heart, and general person that you didn't know you were even capable of handling. She probably feels as though she will break into a million pieces at any moment. Pray for her strength... for wisdom and understanding... not to know why everything happened... but to know what to do with herself in the wake of this tragic loss.

Lord, be faithful. You are. You have proven. I implore You to be faithful in her life.

Amen.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

so good.
i want to listen to them now : )