1.29.2008

This is My Job


So these are the kids that I babysit for! :)

Ruth is hilarious... she just has this crazy imagination and can talk a mile a minute. I can't understand her most of the time. She told me a whole story while she was taking a bath and all I could get out of it was that some guy went to jail because he couldn't find his toothpaste. It was probably a great story too.... dangit. :)




Rudy is hyper... most of the time. My favorite time with Rudy is when I put him to bed at night. He just stares at me while I rub his arm and sing to him. It is the ONLY time he is still. He says "See you morrow?" and I say "Yes, Rudy, see you tomorrow". It is the best thing in the world.

Russell is 10. He is so helpful. I don't spend a ton of time with him... but he just wants to help in whatever way he can. He is really REALLY smart.

Rudy and Ruth are twins, 7 years old, and autistic. Rudy more than Ruth. It can be a challenge working with them sometimes... but it is matched or even surpassed by the amount of joy and laughter they bring. They have such beautiful little hearts!

I am just falling in love with these kids. This job just came out of nowhere. I needed one... but I needed decent pay and I didn't want to do something I hate all semester. This has been such an amazing blessing on me. I told Laurie (their mom) how much of a blessing it has been the other day. She replied by saying that I was a blessing to them too and that is how God works sometimes. Her husband, Rudy, Ruth and Russell's father, committed suicide last year. She is one of the strongest, yet meek and humble, women I have ever known. I am learning so much from her as well as from her sweet kids.

This semester is going great so far!

Korey Anna

No comments: