1.22.2008

This is Flower Power

Sometimes in the winter time it gets really dreary... so I buy daisies from the store down the road. You can get a whole bunch for $6.00. :) Makes me happy. I love flowers. It's such a contrast against the colorless, cold, lifeless winter. It's beautiful outside, don't get me wrong, but I love the spring and I am really looking forward to it!!!

In other news, I am in class right now. My class is America in the 1960's. It's a lot of fun and not difficult or time consuming at all. Plus, I bring my computer and get some things done while listening. It works really well. We are talking about the Vietnam war. It can be a really sad thing to talk about. The sixties weren't as lovely and exciting as people like to think. The Civil Rights movement and Anti-war Movements were serious and dangerous and passionate. Also, so many people were assassinated during this time. It was a crazy and scary time. A lot of great things happened and were brought to light and changed... but a lot of damage was done also.

Anyway, life is wonderful these days. There is a Format song that has a great chorus that I like to listen to lately.... it says...

What's left to lose?
You've done enough
and if you fail well then you fail
but you gave it a shot
And these last three years
I konw they've been hard,
but now it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun.
Even if it's alone.

:) That is how I feel. I feel strong and independent. Joyful and full of hope.

That's all folks

No comments: